Pet-Friendly Cleaning Tips the Pros Use (Part 2)
In part one of this pet-friendly cleaning series, we talked about the three major, pet-friendly cleaner brands out there that you could consider when purchasing cleaning supplies. In this, the second and final part of the series, we will touch on products. Now that you’re aware of some of the leading eco-friendly cleaning brands, let’s take a look at some individual products that will get the job done.
- Method Almond Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner: Using a pet-friendly floor cleaner is very important when it comes to keeping harmful chemicals off of your pet’s paws and body. This floor cleaner from Method is non-toxic, has a gentle almond scent that combines wonderfully with hardwood floors, is biodegradable and is wax-free. Use this cleaner with both hardwood and laminate floors.
- The Swiffer Sweeper: Don’t you just love pet hair? It tends to get everywhere, along with allergy-inducing dander. Using harmful, noxious products that repel animal hair on floors or over-clean hardwood floors isn’t good for your pet. The simple mechanics of the Swiffer Sweeper gets the job done between cleanings without over-cleaning your floor with chemicals. This product uses a cloth bottom pad to suck up dander, hair and other debris from linoleum and hardwood floors. No chemicals, no smell and no more pet hair!
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner: Gold star brand, Seventh Generation, has a fantastic all-purpose cleaner that doubles as an anti-bacterial cleaner, as well. The Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner is made with EPA-approved products and all-natural fragrant essential oils that can break up dirt, leave a gentle scent and disinfect surfaces. You won’t find any bleach or alcohol in this fabulous product, both of which can irritate your pet’s skin.
- Eco-Care Stain and Odor Remover: Owning a pet can be a hazard sometimes. You will always run the risk of wagging tails knocking over a glass, little accidents here and there, and the ever-present odor of dogs and cats. The Eco-Care Stain and Odor Remover is made with powerful enzymes to lift pet stains and urine odors in a pinch. The product is biodegradable, sustainable and made with renewable ingredients. It also contains a lovely fragrance to help cover up any lingering pet odors.
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Bathroom Cleaner: This bathroom-cleaning product from Mrs. Meyer’s is free of awful irritants, including chlorine, parabens, phosphates, ammonia and bleach. You don’t have to worry about fumes from the spray irritating your furry friend’s lungs. And you won’t have to sacrifice cleaning quality for gentleness, either. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Bathroom Cleaner has a subtle lemon scent, and it also kills bacteria and odors like the big, non-green brands.
- Nature’s Miracle Laundry Boost: We couldn’t make a list of the best pet-friendly cleaning products without throwing in an eco-friendly laundry product. This product from Nature’s Miracle is great at removing pet odors and fur from clothing, towels and removable upholstery. If you don’t already use a laundry boost, you definitely should— especially if you have a pet. Nature’s Miracle Laundry Boost can help remove urine, blood, sick, oil, dirt, debris, odor and feces from most fabrics. This product also uses bio-enzymatic technology to remove stains without damaging colors.
- Ecover Non-Chlorine Bleach: Let’s be honest— bleach really does get the job done when it comes to getting out stains and keeping whites as bright as possible. Luckily, Ecover’s bleach product doesn’t contain harmful ammonia, and it works well at getting fabrics to stay vibrant. Ecover Non-Chlorine Bleach is non-toxic, and the packaging is completely recyclable. Not only can you clean clothes and other surfaces without worrying about harming your pet, but you can help the earth at the same time. This bleach is color-safe, as well.
How was our guide to the best pet-friendly brands and cleaners? Tell us what you think about these products in the comments below!